Friday, March 29, 2013

War on a Good Friday



I spent my lunch hour today at the Annenberg Space for Photography at their WAR/PHOTOGRAPHY: Images of Armed Conflict and Its Aftermath exhibit. I work 50 steps away and I couldn’t be happier. One hour wasn't enough time and it's going to take several visits to absorb it all. It's first rate. They even have prints by W. Eugene Smith and Robert Capa, among other legendary photographers.

I wasn't prepared at how visceral the experience would be and I actually reached for a tissue. (I'm not a crybaby. I didn't even cry when E.T. was dying.) I urge to check it out. If you don’t live in Los Angeles, wait. It might come to you eventually. And if you do go, focus on the subjects' eyes. This exhibit would make a pacifist out of Kim Jong Un.

Have a great Good Friday.

No comments: