Monday, February 28, 2011

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.” Ansel Adams

Me holding a light meter and a can of air.  Freddy Gompf and Neil Kendricks also pictured.

I know you're making fun of my hat. No. I'm not a Robert Rodriguez wannabe. I haven't even seen El Mariachi. We were shooting in the desert and I needed it to protect me from the sun. And I wanted to show off the hat I got at Telluride during the film festival. EVERYONE gets this hat. EVERYONE.  It was so sad when I sat on it and I couldn't put it back the way it was. Stop laughing. Shut up.

Making films used to be about photography. I think people have forgotten that.




P.S. In all my rambling and ranting, I forgot to say the name of the book I'm holding. It's the American Cinematographer Manual.

No comments: